Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our first week in our new place

We are finally settled into our new place. We are big mushes and couldn't bare the thought of the family separating (me and kids staying in Monticello and he leaving) so at the last minute we found a place to rent. Last Thursday I called the bishop to see if we could get some help unloading our vehicles. We had been going non-stop since we got back from our trip, so I wanted to surprise Shane and have help already there for him. When we pulled in the bishop was at our place, as well as 5 teenage boys, ready to help us unload. It went fast! Then on Sunday they read our records and welcomed us as new members of the ward. We were very surprised to say the least. They really got on it! It was fast & testimony meeting. Shane jokingly prodded at me to go up and bear my testimony. After the hectic week I wasn't feeling up to it. I was happy we found the building and content staying seated. Before testimony meeting came to a close, Shane stood up and walked towards the pulpit. (Our ward is huge so we ended up having to sit in the gym). I thought he was pulling my leg and would walk out the chapel doors but he just kept walking towards the pulpit. He introduced our family, thanked the bishop for helping us move in and bore his testimony. I don't get to hear him bear his testimony often enough and I always get excited when he does. Well several couples shook our hands and introduced themselves. We've even had a few phone calls from members wanting to come over and meet us. We are excited to be here and the kids have enjoyed the trips to walmart to get puzzles and toys!

8 comments:

The Linds said...

Sounds like you aren't missing Monticello too much? lol =) I'm really glad you are enjoying your new home!!

The Reese's said...

i'm glad you guys have found a good place to go. good luck seeing your place in monticello.

Lucky said...

This new adventure and opportunity sounds like a blast! I'm sure
you will have some choice
experiences to tell us all about!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your place and are not separated from Shane. I knew that wasn't going to fly when you said you would stay back. Atleast not for long. lol I am glad your ward is friendly. Sounds like an awesome ward! Congrats!

Anna said...

thanks for the nice comments on my blog! last night kyle and i went up to provo and met up with andy. kyle had this crazy idea to set up andy with one of the girls in my nursing class. well, we had a great time and andy and my friend stayed up in provo and went to a movie while kyle and i headed home. andy brought stacy all the way back to ephraim that night!!! he's such a stud. sounds like new mexico is treating you well! glad to hear it!

Haylie Biggs said...

We sure had a great time with you in Florida! It is so fun to have Farm Bureau friends. I am so glad to hear that the move went well and that the ward has been so friendly, that makes all the difference in the world. Your kids are adorable! I am so glad you found my blog, I will be blog-stalking you for sure!

Nate and Brooke said...

I am happy you are enjoying your new place, but sad we will not see eachother very often. That is funny how the boys love to go to Walmart. We always seem to take the littlest things for granted.
Also, Nate heard through the grape vine that Shane is "tearing it up"!! Have fun

Shannon said...

It helps so much to have a welcoming ward. Our ward was like that when we moved to Kansas. So glad you're happy. I hope you can sell your home soon so you can get into a home there!