Saturday, April 5, 2014
Our SCHOOL SYSTEM IS FAILING in many ways. Two out of my three kids struggle to keep up with the new testing standards, yet the program itself is NOT academically rigorous enough. Both the teachers AND students are in an imposition over the new federal testing.
Here's some things I keep thinking about:
1. I would like kids to read better books than they are, including daily scripture study.
2. Our community lost control on the federal level and ultimately the families are the losers!
3. The program isn't rigorous enough in the right ways. They aren't learning the rationales and concepts, just regurgitate information so they can pass common core tests.
4. Math- I want them to "learn logic where it belongs." -Gary North
5. I would like the kids to have courses in western civilization, U.S. Constitution and economics in its full, nothing taken out or missing, since they will be the ones required to bring this country back.
2nd session of General conference is starting so that's all for now.
at 2:11 PM
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Braden is now a webelo and Kyle is still a Bear. Here are some pictures of cake auction they had to raise money for the day camp coming up.
at 7:51 PM