Thursday, January 8, 2009

Home Update

interior picture of our future living room!

Here are some updated photos of our house. I don't think we will put the plush white carpet in the living room now, but other then that it is the same. You can't see much in the picture but the dining room is to the left and the kitchen & family room to the right. This whole process has been enlightening. I think you learn a lot about yourself when you build a home. I've always thought I was a fairly laid back person but have come to realize how particular and finicky I can be--Shane says 'hard to please.' I think I am extra cautious about getting it done right the first time so that there are no regrets in the end. Shane finally let me take over this baby, and has been very pleased with the outcome so far. He is certainly not laid back when it comes to his job, so he understands me well!

The builders have been great to work with, you just have to stay on top of them to get things exacty the way you want. They added 3 ft. to the dining room, beefed up the circular entrance a bit, moved a hall a few ft. over so we could add 2 full sets of cabinets to the kitchen, added on to our masterbedroom closet, took out the arches in the patio outside, added a full deck upstairs, and 2 windows. They are going to use ironrod staircase(pictured above). They have made these changes at no extra cost. We are really happy with their quality (2x6 construction, quality insulation, and build good resale homes) and would recommend them to anyone.

20 comments:

Nate and Brooke said...

That is so fun, your dream home. I love the pic of you guys outside of the house. The kids must be so excited. I really need to call you so we can catch up. Life is hectic with two kids. I can't believe that you are going on your fourth. How do you find time to get things done? I swear I am going back and forth to each kid all day long. It gets really bad when both of them need me at the same time. I really need to get a better routine or something. I am going to call you tomorrow k... prob after lunch :) That is when Abby goes down for her nap. Sorry for the novel. love ya

The Reese's said...

looks great! we'll have to come visit when it's all done :)

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... the house looks great and will look AMAZING when it's all finished! I love it! I'm glad that you have such great builders. I hope that everything works out with selling your other house.

Lucky said...

Heck, put a mother in law house on there will ya! I too trust your taste. This would be my dream house as well. I am so glad you and your family have the privilege of this exquisite home!

Melanni said...

What a great house! I am excited for you guys. When is the projected "finish" date? I think you have every right to be picky about how your house is built, especially if this is your dream house so good for you(0:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Since I don't have my laptop anymore, if I send you some pictures from my cell, will you upload them to my blog? There is one of Aleah I want on there. I'm glad I got to see the house when I was there. I love it!

Anna said...

LOVE IT MICHELLE! i think you're right - you need to be picky and finicky with your home, cause it's your home! :) i can't wait to see the finished product!

Kelly said...

It's beautiful! How exciting for you guys. I bet you have had so much fun designing your house. Hope to see it in real life someday. I love your family picture you have as you header!

The Linds said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I love the spiral staircase you guys picked out. You definitely deserve this!

Tiffany said...

It's going to be so awesome! I'm so jealous! Designing and decorating a house is almost a dream come true! It's going to be beautiful when you're done with it.

Natalie said...

I would be picky to, after all you will be the ones living there. I hope all turns out the way you want. It is so pretty I cant wait to see the finished product.

Cat said...

Oh wow!! I must say that is a wonderful house. Its coming along very nice. How exciting to be able to build. Hope we get to see you the next time your in Monticello. You still need to see kaden.

allgirls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allgirls said...

michelle... here is where i got my newest background.... http://www.delightfuldots.blogspot.com/ she has some way cute ones.. as always thanks for your sweet comments.

Lucky said...

Your background is cute!
And of course what's within
it makes it Perrrfect!

Lucky said...

Your background is cute!
And of course what's within
it makes it Perrrfect!

Jed & Allison said...

Wow I like it! That would be so fun to design your own house. You've done a good job!

Shane and Michelle said...

Allison, actually this plan is one from Del Webb we went through when we visited Florence, AZ a couple years ago. I wish I could take credit for the design of this home but we have stuck to the plan as much as possible because it's perfect already. The only thing we added was a food storage room and took out two unncessary bedroom upstairs. The original house plan is huge! 6-7 bedrooms

Shannon said...

Your home is so spacious and beautiful. So happy for you guys! I think you definitely have to be picky and make sure the builders are doing things right. I've heard a lot of people say the same thing. Good job Michelle!