Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Annivesary

Today marks 7 years since our marriage & sealing in the Seattle, Washington temple. The ‘seven year itch’ hasn't touched us. As a matter of fact it's been the other way around for us. We are more devoted and in love than ever. I am eternally grateful to be married to this wonderful man. He is the rock of our family. He keeps me grounded, laughing, protected, striving, content, HAPPY! He is everything I asked for and more. He is a man of honesty, faith, integrity. He works so hard for our family while making all the time in the world to be with us. He shows us each day and in every way that he loves us and that we are his top priority.

I was tagged to answer these questions about us. What a perfect day to reminisce about how it all began...

What is your hubby's name? Shane, but I never call him that…it’s mostly Baby, Babe, Luv, Sweetie, or Daddy
How long have you been together? Married 7 years
How long did you date? 8 months
Who said I love you first? Shane
Who is taller? Shane by half a foot!
Who is smarter? Shane is smarter, but I’m pretty good with the stuff we need to know for raising babies. We balance each other well!
Who does the laundry? 100% me
Who does the dishes? 100% me
Who cleans the house? 100% me and Dees Cleaning Service
Who sleeps on the right? Shane. I always sleep on the left side closest to the door so I can check on the baby.
Who pays the bills? 100% Shane.
Who mows the lawn? 90% Shane 10% me
Who cooks dinner? 100% me
Who drives when you are together?
90% Shane 10% Me
Who is more stubborn? Me
Who kissed who first? Shane kissed me first. I remember he wanted to hurry and get over that “first kiss” akwardness!
Who asked who out first? We met at FHE at the Bishops house. Shane introduced himself and offered me a cookie. Later that evening as we were playing games, I remember watching him closely for a minute & suddenly the thought came to my mind, “I need to find me a guy just like HIM!" The next week at break-the-fast, he asked for my phone number & invited me to go with him to a fireside~right in front of a couple guys that were also showing interest. Shane marked his territory and they all backed down. The rest was history!
Who proposed? Shane. His proposal speech was out of this world!!
Who has more siblings? He does—6 brothers and 1 sister. I have 1 sister.
Who wears the pants? I’d like to say Shane does, but I'm sure he let’s me have my way more than I realize.

I love you Baby! 7 years down and Eternity to go! I am the luckiest wife ever!!!

I tag Tangi, Teresa, Lindsay, Kendra, Lisa L. Melanni, Dana, Natalie & all of my sis-in-laws!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrates on 7 successful years and a beautiful family. chad

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember this was your song at the reception.

The Reese's said...

happy anniversary! coby and i were just talking on saturday that our seven years are coming up to! i remember meeting you guys right after you were married and we had just met. We went out to dinner and laughed cuz shane was the only one not a twin. so fun!

allgirls said...

happy aniversary! you guys are such a cute couple!!

Sarah Stout said...

Yay! Congrats on 7 years! :) Happy anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys are so happy. By the way, you should post a picture of you guys on your wedding day!

Nate and Brooke said...

Happy 7th Anniversary, We really miss you guys!!!

Lucky said...

I am still crying over this touching and totally heartfelt tribute to not only you and Shane, but the institution of marriage and how it can and should be! As your mom, it is exactly what I wanted for you and your life...

Natalie said...

i think this is such a fun tag, i like to hear about how people started out. I like how you explained the "marked the territory" story. It was really cute.

Shannon said...

Congrats on 7 years of marriage!! You have a beautiful family. We love you.

Melanni said...

Wow, 7 years! This was so sweet. Happy anniversary!