Wednesday, August 15, 2012

my 35th birthday


I had a wonderful birthday. My friends treated me to lunch at De La Vegas. Then Shane took me golfing and to dinner at a Mexican restaurant that I had never been to. The food was pretty good.

Below: I had hat head and we were both sweaty from playing golf so i put a glow on the picture. I recently cut 4 inches off my hair. Because of dyeing it 50 times in a row :) it started breaking all over so we cut it off. I cut 2 inches and then Shane cut 2.
Looking back on life so far, I have NO regrets, hit my goals, and can face myself in the mirror and be happy with who I am today. haha.

I made goals and had some obstacles that I overcame the last 10 years that I would like to share.

1. Brought my adrenals and thyroid into balance naturally. The old house we rented from Dale Maughn had mold all over the place and so i got pretty sick. As soon as we moved to "the other side of town" in Monticello, I immediately started getting better. The body's capacity to heal is amazing. I still have mild allergic reactions to some fruits because of the sensitivity to mold.

2. Had 5 beautiful children! We planned on 4 but got 5 and what a blessing! That part of my life has been fulfilled and our family is complete.

3. Had 4 VBAC's!(vaginal birth after cesarean). These were very fulfilling experiences for me and i learned a lot going through child birth without any pain medication. When you get through it, you feel as if you had just won an Olympic gold Medal. That sounds cheesy but it's that intense! These births made me tough mentally and emotionally. I learned how the brains perception of pain works and the power we have over our minds.

4. We had a family ordeal and looking back I feel that all the right moves were made, even with the smallest decisions. It was necessary that I speak up when I did and to remain silent at times and that's what I did. I had to deal with a very disturbed individual and to get through that I spent a lot of time on my knees and emmersing myself in the scriptures. In the long run, it taught me a lot of things!

5. Learned how to cook and quilt! I never actually finished the blanket but i know how to quilt!

I wrote down new goals- 1 year, 3 yr, 5 yr and 10 yr. I'm sure they will change but many will be the same. I'm excited and a little nervous for the next 10 years to come!

6 comments:

Nate and Brooke said...

Looks like you had a fabulous birthday!!! So fun you guys went golfing, and your hair looks great!! LOVE YOU

Cat said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Wish we lived closer to each other. Thanks for being one of the many guiding lights that taught me to question the norm. Love you tons! hope one of these days we see each other again. lol we always seem to miss each other!

Kelly said...

Fun birthday...to celebrate with friends then end the day with your hubby! Sorry Lisa couldn't make it out. Thanks for your friendship and example- for always being true to yourself! I applaud you for having your babies all natural:) You're amazing! I need to learn to sew and write down my goals. What a great accomplishment to say you have no regrets and hit your goals! Sure hope to see you guys again next month! Love ya!

Shane and Zandy said...

Happy Late Birthday Michelle! I am glad you are doing so well! We love you lots!

Lucky said...

I love your outfit and your hair cut it is still plenty long, and you look great! I am glad you were able to be in the company of so many great folks on your very special day. I will see you all soon and we can continue from there.
I would love a quilt with all the warm and comfy material inside it.
Great idea for Christmas or bday.
I marvel in all your accomplishments. Yes they have ups and downs, but learning and growing through them all makes you all that much stronger and more aware of many different situations.

the butlers said...

happy late birthday!! i am glad you got to spend it with friends and your hubby! nothing better than that! :) i hope to see you at adams homecoming!! tell the fam hi! i love you all!