Friday, August 16, 2013

Health coaching

Finally started my 6 year goal(since 2007)to become a health coach. I just have not had the time or the focus to get started with it until now. My goal by september is to get my own family to eat better and exercise. Shane started working out a few months ago every day at 5:30am-7:00 and he's lost 10 lbs! i thought he looked great before but he says he feels better since he started working out. Of course:) 
Before I started having kids I weight lifted hard core every day since I was 15 yrs old. Being a non competitor bodybuilder and then stopping for 9 years has thrown me off. Even lifting 15 lb weights is a challenge for me right now !

I kind of noticed and not speaking in absolutes either but, at the gym the average bodybuilder may look fit, not necessarily healthy. Many of them appear to not have health as their main concern and tend to be more outwardly focused (appearance). Excessive protein, excessive animal products, excessive tanning, supplements loaded with chemicals and artificial sweeteners, Testosterone supplements, etc. Those things especially combined can be dangerous and i believe it is possible to body build in a much healthier fashion.  I have thought about specializing in this area. Would be fun. I will wait until I get into the program a little further to decide exactly what I will do and for now keep setting goals. Ultimately I think I would like to specialize in diabetes and thyroid. 

2 comments:

Lucky said...

No matter why you choose to go into, at the very least you will have learns lots for you and your family.

Kelly said...

good luck! you'll be great!