Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All American 2008 in Florida

I am trying to get all the important pictures of the year on here. I've decided to have a company print and bind the whole blog at the end of the year. I hear it costs $80.00 and they do a thorough job printing each picture and every journal entry. Then they bind it into a nice hard bound scrapbook album. I figure this will be a great way to keep track of the years ahead, unless something better comes along. Anyone ever heard of the company that does this?

In April, we went on vacation to the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort in Miami, Florida. We enjoyed the room and spent quality time together at the beach.


As always we had a great time with our FB couple friends (Coby-Tangi, Shawn-Teresa, Rich-Naloni, Richard-Joanie, Jared-Haylie and many others). Shane played a lot of golf. I relaxed a lot at the pool with Tangi and Teresa and enjoyed a full one hour relaxation massage at the Willow Stream Spa. A great big bus drove us all around...




Shane made me leave out all the pictures of the guys at the pool with their (non-alcoholic) beer bellies hangin out! We ladies, on the other hand, look amazing, after just having had babies, lol just kidding. The three of us had them only weeks apart from each other, unplanned. Lindsay was not able to come because she had just had her 4th baby and we missed her!

We all went on a boat ride, were fed a steak dinner, then sat on the bow and talked until dark, watching all the expensive homes and yachts float by us. We eventually landed at a Mansion where FB handed out awards. We didn't get into our room until after midnight.



Then there was motorcycle night...they handed out bandanas to everyone. We ate another outstanding buffet outside, got professional pictures taken of us all behind a motorcycle, and mingled until dark...


Then it was time to jam! We got down and rocked out to all the best songs of the 80's. All the GREAT bands like Journey came to the resort. The crowd went crazy when Lynyrd Skynyrd sang "Sweet Home Alabama!"
We could hardly believe these famous bands came just to play for us
above: not Naloni's beverage! I got the 24 hour flu and at one point, thought I was going to die. I almost called the ambulance to come rescue me, lol. It was the worst 24 flu I ever had.



We are so grateful for Coby Reese for getting Shane to leave his job and get on board with FB. It was no easy task either; it took him nearly a year before Shane agreed to look into it. Thanks Coby for never giving up! Where would we be right now if it hadn't been for you!

You got us there honey, love you!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

If you find out the company that does the printing let me know!! I heard about it too just have no idea who does it. Vacations are always fun. Have to play hard to get through the times you have to work hard!

Lucky said...

Say, I want a copy too!
It is my way of keeping a journal
and would love it, to treasure
and have on hand. So, order 2!

In fact for 80.00 maybe I'll get one for my dad, if he's still
with us.

Great pics of your trip
and your really fun
packed vacation.
Except for the flu of course!

Lisa said...

I'm currently making one through blurb.com. You just download their program and it puts it together and then you can change it according to your preference. I haven't seen a finished product in person but have heard from others that they're good quality.

Shane and Michelle said...

For sure we'll give one to grandpa. He's the one that inspired me to do this.

I think I may have gotten food poisoning.

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... what fun pictures! Seeing the ocean makes me miss Hawaii!

Lucky said...

Really? What did you eat and where?

Maybe it's in sympathy for Lisa
who just had it UGH !!

Shannon said...

Good job Shane! It was nice to visit with you for a bit in Monticello.

Shannon said...

It's called blurb.com! Very cool.

Natalie said...

That is a really good idea. If you find out the companies name let me know. i would love that.

Lisa said...

looks like you guys really had a blast in Florida this year. Where is the next one at?

Lindsay said...

I love all the pictures! It looks like you had a great time! Honestly you can't beat the Farm Bureau trips! They are the BEST!

Shari Tate said...

looks like you had a fun time! I love trips with my hubby...cherished times!