Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

I always say this, but I really feel this General Conference was the best! There were a few times I hurled my fist up and shouted, "YES!" because I felt the Spirit so strong. Shane and I really loved all of the speakers. Joseph B. Wirthlin happens to be my favorite apostle, and I just loved his talk on Saturday! All of the speakers, however, were terrific and inspired from heaven.

Afterwards, Shane headed off to the Priesthood session, and the kids and I were invited to join a group of nice ladies from my new ward, for an hour or two of fun at McDonalds!



You hear all sorts of gory stories about kids getting terribly sick after playing on the toys at McDonalds..so I felt it was necessary that they get a nice warmmm soapy bath!!


Before General Conference, $40 dollars a week
Early on Saturday mornings, Kyle and I get to spend some quality time together at the Farmers market in town. Sometimes Braden comes too, if I can wake his sleepy head up! I ran into Joann, a member of my ward. It was nice to see a familiar face! She sews and sells all sorts of neat stuff...


at home-roasted mild chili peppers

de-skin, de-seed, chopped, bag and freeze or bottle. Add to any meat, pork or chicken dish. I love to stuff them in my sandwiches!

7 comments:

Lucky said...

THE KIDS LOOK ADORABLE!!!!

And that Farmers Market
is huge, no wonder you spent
so much time there.

ALeah's hair has really grown
since I saw her last.

Lucky said...

I too loved the Conference talks
and could feel how inspired
they were!

The music was Heavenly!

Jamie said...

I'm with you, this conference was wonderful! The farmers market looks like fun, can you believe I have never been to one.

Shannon said...

I agree that every conference is the best! That farmer's market looks tasty too.

Anna said...

oh i LOVE farmer's markets! when i lived in logan, they would have a small one every saturday and i would spend hour there! heard ya'll had a great time up here in cello!

Teresa said...

I agree, Conference was wonderful! I love Elder Wirthlin too, he always makes my heart smile. We are so blessed to have apostles of God instruct us here on earth.

It looks like you are making some good friends down in Las Cruses. Fun pictures!

Sarah Stout said...

That's so fun that you get to do that with the kids during priesthood... AND, that you guys have a farmer's market! I bet that makes Kyle happy to spend some quality one-on-one time. You're a good mom!