Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tete-a-tete's to Remember

Driving home from Monticello last weekend

Shane: I couldn't live without you.
Michelle: I couldn't live without you either.
Shane: I think you could. But if you died I would be a broken man.
Michelle: If you died I wouldn't make it, I would need anti-depressents and/or sleeping medications for at least a year.
Shane: No, you would eventually pick up the pieces and be ok. Women are emotionally stronger then men in that way. They are use to being broken down and are capable of moving forward to a full recovery. They are made this way for a reason--they are the ones that have to perpetuate the race. This is no easy task. Once a man is broken, he is broken for good because he's not use to being broken down. I'd just be better off dead if I had to live without you!
Michelle: Thanks honey, I love you!!


BRADEN/KYLE COMMENT OF THE DAY
Our blow-up mattres blew out last night. Braden walked into our room and said:


Braden: "Oh no! Dad! your bed did melt! Come look, come look!"
Dad: Yeah I know, mommy's getting a new one right now!
Braden: (big smile) "Ohhhhhhhh goood!!!"

8 comments:

Shannon said...

How cute is this!!

Lucky said...

Well your discussion was very heartfelt. We all would feel the same as both of you..
And that is so cute what braden said, I can only imagine his face LOL... I am scrolling and looking at how adorable kyle looks taking a nap!

Lucky said...

Also, Laura's recipe sounds delicious, and I printed it out
to try!

The Linds said...

Hope you are feeling better!!

Melanni said...

Hi Michelle-I love you're blog. I'm going to add you to my list of friends on my blog. This is a great way to get to know your family(0: I hope you're kids are feeling better. Our book club is going to meet at The Range Cafe this month instead of at somebody's house so I don't think I'm going to make it with Natalie since she's still so unpredictable, but if you want to go I'll give you more info. Sorry this is so long! I guess I should just call you! You're kids are so cute and we are so excited to have you in our ward.

Anna said...

what a great conversation. and braden's little comment is so cute. kids say the darndest things...

Lisa said...

that is so cute. Braden is talking so good now. He has the cutest little chirpy voice. Oh my gosh it's so cute! I can't wait to see you guys Friday!!!! Hang in there! I can't wait to see mom too!!!!!!!!

The Reese's said...

cute conversation, i can't beleive how big braden is getting! he talks like a adult.