Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day



I wanted to wish Shane a Happy Father's Day! He is an amazing father and husband. He has provided extremely well for our family. He is a great support to me and is there for kids. He is a "fun" dad. He spends a lot of time with the kids when he is home and is there for them. He comes with me to most of their doctors appointments. He get's the boys ready for church every Sunday, and holds regular family prayer and scripture study at bedtime. The boys think the world of him and want to be just like him. He has them laughing most of the time he is with them. When you get to know Shane he has an incredible sense of humor. He is the nicest person and get's along with everybody. I just want to thank him for providing so well for our family. He is very careful and protective of us. He is very careful how he treats our children. Infact, I am the one that usually 'spanks' them. It is hard for him to even lay a hand on them. I can hardly wait until he comes home from work because he is so fun to be around. Infact, I get as excited to see him as I did when we were dating. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't try to impress him with something new I've done, or have improved upon. He's smart and influential. He has pronounced many blessings of healing on my head in behalf of me and my children. He is patient with me and a great listener. You can count on him to always give the best advice. Whenever I need advice the only person I want to talk to is SHANE. And so does my sister. She has called on many occasions saying, I NEED TO TALK TO SHANE RIGHT NOW! He knows what's going on. He is a man that get's it. He understands everything about birth, taking care of babies, money matters, taxes, insurance, people, and the list goes on. He's extremely intuitive. I honestly think he should have been a counselor or something! He has a tremendous sense of knowing and understanding people. He is a great family man and is always looking to help someone in need. He smells soo nice and his big huge smile makes makes me melt everytime. He doesn't assume how I am feeling or what I'm thinking before he asks first, which I really appreciate. Our relationship feels so new and invigorating all the time. He keeps the magic alive and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to be with him. I tell him often that he is a ray of sunshine in my life!

MY DAD


Michelle-17, Dad-44, on vacation, Salt Lake Temple Square and Lagoon, 1995

My Dad is literally the nicest man in the world you will ever meet. I don't remember a time growing up that he spoke ill of anyone, except for the obvious murderers, child abusers and theives. He has always worked very hard and provided very well for our family. He was a very fun dad. I have fond childhood memories of him taking us to Dunkin Donuts before dropping us off at school. He was always so gentle, genuine and kind to everyone. He can fix anything and make anything. He built a beautiful home for our family. He keeps the home updated. He is always adding some new and updated touch to the house, making our home a haven for my mom. He love to cook and is a good help and handyman around the house. He is an extremely smart. He has worked for the Boeing company for almost 25 years and has never been laid off (there have been many, many strikes over the years)because he's so indispensable to the company. He works as a lead over the Programmers and is every managers right hand man. He is the guy behind the scenes that calls all the shots. The people that work downstairs in the shop have expressed that they only like working with my dad because he knows everything and does everything to perfection. The women who work in his plant will only go to my dad for help with questions because he makes them feel completely comfortable and is a great teacher. He patiently explains everything step by step without missing a thing. My dad has a child's heart--patient, innocent, honest, and kind. I thank him for his example of honestly living the the gospel. For teaching me how to treat people, especially my children. I am not near as patient as he is. I appreciate him for all the times he gave us priesthood blessings when we needed them...for helping me with math in school, encouraging me to play the piano and for all the many days and nights he spent teaching us how to play basketball! Words cannot express how thankful I am that he is my dad!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

my feelings exactly. Michelle this was such a perfect tribute to dad-thanks for putting this on your blog. I love it!

Lucky said...

LISA! We were all just on
when you posted!
How fun!
Michelle this is a very heartfelt write for both Shane and Dad!
They both will absolutely
love it!
I too appreciate it
and will forever cherish it....

Anonymous said...

I really loved your tribute to Shane. You did a really good job of explaining how awesome he really is!

Anonymous said...

Lisa here - the anonymous person. Ill get a blog going again soon!

Shannon said...

What a nice tribute to your Dad and husband Michelle!