Thursday, July 3, 2008

"super cute" outfit


have you ever heard the term, "frumpy"? shane had never heard of that word until he married me. ha! well i guess that's what i've felt like the past week. You know, like the typical mother in an old t-shirt and sweats, hair pulled back...three kids(under 4 yrs) with diarrhea, runny noses and nose bleeds, vomitting, a bath tub full of diarrhea/vomit wrapped in blankets n' baby clothes, and garbage bags piled up inside the apartment? The neighbors must think I have a severe case of OCD because I've had to use the vaccum cleaner at least twice a day for the past week. I guess we are all trying to get use to these new mexican germs. Needless to say, i still love my job even during these not-so-sweet smelling times. Ok, I'll admit, I don't love all the cleanup involved and the loads of dirty laundry to fold, only to be used and cleaned again, the same day? but we made it through and the kids are just fine now. They are the best children in the world, the most amazing people I know. Yesterday, the kids and I ventured over to the mall, and as we were driving down Enchanted Hills Boulevard Braden said, "mom did you bring the movies? we need to return them." At this point all I could think was, what the heck, my 4 yr old is more on top of things then I am? I said to him, uh oh, I totally forgot! I was a little embarrased and a little uptight because this isn't the first time this has happened. He looked me in the eye, smiled and said, "that's alright mom! That's alright!" I looked at myself in the mirror and immediately noticed my facial muscles start to relax again. Thanks son for being so patient with me even when I'm not so patient with myself. And last night around 12:00am, after our trip to the store as a family, we got our kids into bed and collapsed.(what kind of parent takes their children shopping at such an insane hour? Answer: Us kind...no but honestly, this is the first time we've ever done this. We had a lot of shopping to do to get ready for the family reunion this weekend... anyways, as I closed my eyes to go to sleep, Kyle started screaming at the top of his lungs. I went to check on him to see what all the fuss was about, and he said, "mom you never gave me a kiss and hug g'night." I seriously felt honored and told him how much I loved him and how much Heavenly Father and Jesus loves him and grandpa Gabe and Grandma K, Nana and Papa, etc. That's a lot of people that love him! He said does Jesus love me? I said more then anyone in the whole world. He said, do people talk to Jesus when he is in heaven?" ...I told him to close his eyes and picture Jesus smiling at him and holding him tightly. Then he closed his eyes and fell sound asleep. It's these "moments" that I love! It was hard for me to leave him after this sweet discussion.

Now what does this outfit pictured above have to do with all of this? Well, a lot. This came to me as a surprise via UPS package, from my sis. At a really good time, might I add. I mean, how cute is this! She totally made my day yesterday. I finally tried it on this morning at 6:30am, to model it for Shane. To my dismay, he thought it looked old and outdated." You know, too 80's looking? But, I told my awesome hubby that he's usually right on but I wasn't so sure he was right about this one. I mean this is dang cute. And Lisa has the very same outfit herself and has received rave reviews on it from all the girls (and guys!) in her singles ward. Whenever she wears it tons of girls come up to her and tell her she looks "SUPER, SUPER CUTE!" So honestly honey, I love you dearly...but, I really think this is a keeper! What do ya'll think?
And a special note to my friend Teresa. Thanks for the phone calls this week. And for letting me vent... You rock...and you are a great mom. I'm sad that we won't be seeing each other this weekend in Montana as we had planned. We will miss you guys! Have fun and take lots of pictures for us.

13 comments:

Lucky said...

I really think the outfit is cute!
Sure wish I could fit into that. LOL
How precious was that when Kyle wanted his hug and kiss... I would have devoured him! LOL

You and the entire world of mothers go through the same thing day after day...But, that combined with the love and devotion to family and the Lord, is what's holding this Country together!

Hats off to you honey...

Shannon said...

This post made me laugh because I totally understand how you're feeling! The little sweet moments our kids do give us make it all worth it. You're a great mother. I LOVE the outfit by the way!! How wonderful to have a sister thinking of you like that.

Nate and Brooke said...

I think the outfit is way cute, what a cute sis!!! Drive safe and see you on Friday..

The Reese's said...

good luck with the kids and i think the outfit is pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

i think the outfit is hot but that made me laugh so hard that Shane thought it was too 80's. When I first saw that style back awhile ago I thought exactly the same thing!! Your story about Kyle was so adorable and Braden too. Can't wait to see u guys tomorrow!!

Natalie said...

Hi Michelle this is Natalie, from church. I found your blog i hope thats okay. That is a cute outfit. Shane sounds alot like Jason. That is such a cute story of Kyle :)

Kelly said...

I'm so excited you guys are coming this weekend!!! It was good talking to you! See you tomorrow!!
p.s. the outfit is cute. I love reading your blog, all the kid stories, six months and we'll be in the same boat.

Brossettelewis said...

Ya have to try it on, then we can tell. ; )

Sarah Stout said...

Firstly, I think it's a cute outfit! And that's fun that Lisa got you the same outfit she has.

Secondly, your kids are so sweet! I love those little tender moments. :) Kids are amazing!

Tiffany said...

I was dissapointed that you weren't wearing it in the pic so we could check it out! It looks like a cute outfit from what I can tell. We still have to do dinner sometime! Of course when things slow down for you! :)

allgirls said...

what a great sister to send you such a cute outfit! i can totally see you wearing it! you need to post a pic. for us. you are such an awesome mom/wife/friend! sounds like you had one of those wee.ks that would make me want to crawl in a hole and hide, glad you were such a trooper through it! give the kids loves for us and tell them hi

allgirls said...

michelle, that is so funny about braden! i told shelbie and she just grinned!!! tell him she said "HI!" ;)

Jennifer said...

It was so fun to see you guys this weekend...your family is just too cute!! Annalisa's e-mail is
anner5@hotmail.com
I'm excited you guys have a blog so we can keep in touch a little better.