Friday, September 5, 2008

Last Night of Summer/First week of Preschool

Braden's birthday falls just after the cut off date, so he waits another year before he goes into Kindergarten. I'm really happy because he's mine for another whole year! I did enroll him in preschool and he was very excited. His teacher is an LDS lady that just so happens to be in my ward. She almost didn't do it but a couple of moms in our ward pleaded with her to teach again because she does such a good job. Braden had so many good things to tell me on our way home the first day. I can tell already that he is going to have a lot of fun and learn a lot socially and scholastically. The one down side is that she is not accepting anyone under 4 so poor Kyle doesn't get to go. He had a hard time the first day but by the end of the week, he was okay with it. Another interesting thing is that all of these boys birthdays are in September. What a coincidence!


Braden, Mrs. Martin, Kaleb and Andrew


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because Friday was officially the last day before the start of the school year, we had to make it memorable! We went to a water park for half the day. Then, we finished off the night with bubble baths, corndogs and icecream!

13 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Looks like a fun day! I'm glad that Braden enjoys pre-school. It'll be a good prep for kindergarten next year :)

Teresa said...

I am sure that you are glad to be settled in a home for awhile. It looks like you guys are doing well and having fun! That's great that you found Braden a preschool.

P.S. I'm jealous that Shane gets to work so close to home!!!

Shannon said...

What a fun way to end the summer! I bet the kids just loved it.

Shannon said...

Braden looks so grown up and ready for preschool. What a cutie!

Kelly said...

Hey! Nice to see some updates! Sounds like you guys are pretty busy. We wont be able to make it for Bronson's baptism cause Chad will be working, stinks i know. I wish his weeks off would land on better weeks. We'll be going to cello on Oct 8th so Laura is thinking we may see Shannon and Brad cause they plan on staying til the 9th. Wish we could be there when everyone was there. The kids are getting so big. I wish we could see you guys more.

Melanni said...

Looks like you are all doing well. I miss seeing your family at church! Where are you moving to in February? You sure have had to move a lot in the last little while! Your kids are all so cute!

Lisa said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun at the waterpark. Is there one in Las Cruces? Love the picture of Braden on his first day of preschool, he's so cute! Aleah is adorable!!

Lucky said...

I am so happy Braden found a great pre-school! When Kyle is 5 he can go too. Sometimes I wish you could find a good home schooling
as well.. I know there are pros
and cons to that however.

Sounds like a blast, hey is that jacuzzi tub in your house? It looks really fun. Kyle looks so cute!

Is this wild waves better then the one we have? Ours has really gone through some great changes!

Those updates
are a LONG time coming! LOL

Shane and Michelle said...

Mom, I know how busy you are with your upcoming book as well as other more important demands. Thanks for always taking the time to come check on me. Lately I've been asking myself what I would ever do without you? :)

To answer your question, yes the rental we're in as jetted tub in the master bath. The boys love it and I do too! And as for Wet N' Wild, the slides and wave pool are not as good as Wild Waves! The wave pool at Wild Waves is awesome!

The Reese's said...

glad you're done moving for awhile and your house looks darling. and i'm glad shane's still home alot. sorry i couldn't talk the other day, i'll try to call you sometime this week.

Lisa said...

I love Braden's little hair do. And his cute little legs. he is ready for preschool. He looks so proud!! please tell him aunt lisa is proud of him! Love you!!

Natalie said...

I feel for you, I dont like to move at all. But hopefully in Feb. the move is more permanent. (spelling?) I was just showing Collin, the pictures of Kyle and he said: "Mom i want to move again" Haha. Well im glad everything is turning out great.

Kelly said...

Noticed you put a picture of you and Lisa on the side of your blog! Too funny! It was good to catch up!