Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Aleah's obsession



Aleah has a habit of smearing food and other things on her hair. We have to watch her closely at the dinner table or something like this(pictured above) will happen! Three days ago Lisa found her in the bathroom with a big glob of Vaseline in her hand. She told Aleah "no no" and turned to get a towel. Aleah threw her hand up as fast as she could and smeared the vaseline all over her head. We tried washing her hair with three different shampoo's and it still won't come out! I even tried using dish soap...

Does anyone know what get's vaseline out of hair?


Dad blow drying her hair to get the volume and curl back:


Aleah is 20 months old now and talking in full sentences (three to five words at a time). She counts 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10. She sings "twinkle twinkle little star" all the time. She loves to play with her brothers as well as push, hit, scream and throw things at them. Anytime she's upset it's Kyle's fault. One night I walked in around 10pm, she had been asleep for a couple hours. She rolled over and muttered, "Kywle NO!", then fell back to sleep. Poor guy!! He's so sweet to her all the time! She loves to eat. She eats more off her plate then the boys plates combined. She also loves to get dressed up. When I get her clothes on, she'll say, "peretty or "cuuuuute!"
She enjoys reading books, taking baths, running (esp. away from parents), jumping on the trampoline and running through sprinklers. She has a little rasp in her voice and fun fiesty personality. She is the sweetest, cuddliest little girl! She loves to climb into bed with me play picaboo, get tickled and be silly. She gives us the best hugs and kisses. We can't get enough of her!

6 comments:

Lucky said...

OMG!!!!! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! Shane is the doting father and they both soak it right up! How did you end up getting the vasoline out? I cannot wait to see everyone! Precious, loveable, adorable, I could go on and on!

Kelly said...

She is such a cutie, I get believe how big she is getting!! We'll miss you at the wedding this weekend.

Shannon said...

Aleah is so cute!! I can't believe how grown up she looks. Try putting a little cornstarch in her hair. just pat it into her hair, then use a good clarifying shampoo. If this doesn't work the first time, try it again. Good luck!

Sarah Stout said...

I love this update on Aleah! It's so nice to hear more about how she's doing and how fast she's growing. :)

Melanni said...

Reading about Aleah was so fun! She is so cute. I have no idea how to get vaseline out of hair. I love the pictures of shane blowdrying her hair.

Tiffany said...

HAha! I just laughed when I saw the picture! She is too funny! It's so fun to see their little personalities come out. By the way, we're doing great! Paying for unlimited babysitting to work out at the gym has its perks! I can't believe the story you told me. Landon has thankfully never attempted to take off his diaper. He just doesn't care I guess!