Friday, October 9, 2009

Conference Weekend!


Last Saturday Shane flew to Kansas city for a highly intense 5 day, 'GAMA Essentials of Leadership' course. Since Shane was going to be gone, my mother joined me for mother-daughter week together. We loved listening to the General Conference talks...as always, weren't they so inspiring? We did a lot of window shopping at Hobby Lobby, the Mall and Sams Club. We put up home decor and love to gabb together, mostly about politics and what we think the future will bring.

We kept it simple for ourselves. We didn't cook, bake, clean (except basic keep up) or stress out about much. Instead we ate junk foods like pizza, hotdots, popcorn & chocolatey treats. The kids loved it!

Mom learned how to text message on her cell phone for the first time. Maybe she'll surprise me and send a text one of these days.
Thanks for a super fun week mom!

9 comments:

The Reese's said...

looks like a ton of fun! my mom stayed with me while coby was in kansas for a week too :) it's nice to have another adult in the house while they are gone.

C Lysager said...

sounds like you had a great time. Isn't it great when mom comes to visit. My mom is here right now for a visit and I just love it.

The Buts said...

so....what color are you? Let me guess. never mind. I have no clue. Sounds like fun with your mom. I bet your kids had a blast. Grandma's are the best.

underwhelmed said...

Yeah so fun! I'm really glad that you were able to have that week with your Mom. It was great to see you last night...

Lisa said...

Wow, Addy has changed since I last saw her. Cute cute. I know mom said she had a blast and even hinted the possibility of moving there when dad retires. Missed you guys this week :(

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend! That is so neat your Mom co-authored a book. Addy really is changing fast. The Color Code is a fun book.

Shannon said...

You and your Mom look so much alike! That's a cute picture of both of you sitting on the rock wall.

Stephanie said...

What? Hot dogs are not junk food, they're the first "green" food. By that I mean they are made up of reduced, reused, and recycled products. And for that reason, I consume them whenever they are offered. Just doin' my part to save the world :)

Glad you had fun with your mom. So nice to be close enough to have those special moments.

Lucky said...

Shane and Michelle said...
It was a very special time for us all to be together for sure!
The limerick book was truly fun to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I still like the old fashioned calling I think for now LOL.I am too slow at texting.Say hello to my grandbabies and kiddies for me!!!