Friday, October 2, 2009

A couple things that may be beneficial for you. There is a baby sling made by TM 'Lite On Shoulder'. It's a great to have because it holds the baby in well. Unlike the store bought ones, it doesn't sag when you place the baby inside. It feels very light on your shoulder so you can carry the baby around for long periods of time, at church or wherever you go. http://www.slingcarrier.com/ . It takes a little while to receive because they only make it upon ordering. I also wanted to recommend a few good books that I've recently read: "The Undaunted" by Gerald Lund, it's not in a series so you can start and finish the one book. ..and "Daughters of God" by M. Russell Ballard. Fast and easy, he gives a classic message to and about women. And the last book "My Dear Sisters Inspiration for Women" from Gordon B. Hinckley.

5 comments:

Shane and Michelle said...

Tangi: do you have one of these slings?

Shannon said...

I've been wanting to read The Undaunted. I've heard it's really good. I'm sure these are all good books. Thanks for the recommendations!

The Buts said...

I can't wait to read "The Undaunted" I'm obsessed with the hole-in-the-rockers. How's the fam? Lucky for Addy that you carry her around in your sling. poor Izzy just has to sit wherever she is. :(

Leatherwood Family Adventures said...

Ohhh I'm sooo glad you like the lite on shoulder sling!! I hadn't heard so I was wondering if you had got it yet!! Yea I'm glad you like it as much as I do!!

Lucky said...

First off, I am a HUGE fan of Gerald Lund! His The Work And The Glory series taught me Church History in a fascinating and captivating way. I really felt I was going through things with these families.... I actually contacted him to see how much was true, he said all of it, except the fictious Steed Family... Wow!

I remember using a double baby holder everywhere I went, it was really fun and we'd take turns as to who was in the back and front. Those were the days...