Saturday, February 23, 2013

Taylor's Going Away Party

Trey and Yvonne Taylor are moving to Ohio and so we threw a going away party for them at our house yesterday. They will be greatly missed in our ward and the community!

Trey and Yvonne have a neat story. They were not able to get pregnant for ten years and during that time adopted their first son, Tallin! Yvonne bore her testimony one sunday and that night around 2am I woke up and started thinking about her testimony and how sad she was to not be able to have children and my heart just ached for her.  I began praying that they would be able to get pregnant soon. In that moment I had very strong impressions to tell her about a CNP in ABQ that I had seen a few years earlier for my miscarriage. (I was told I would not be able to have anymore children after Aleah and that broke my heart because we definitely wanted more.) The feelings and impressions i had that night were pressing. I fought it a little thinking how personal this was for her and didn't want to even bring the subject up.  What if the doctor could help me but not her?  Long story short, told Yvonne and she got in touch with Joann Williams, CNP. Joann referred her to another doctor that specializes in miscarriages. Yvonne drove to ABQ and did some testing.  All of the tests came back normal except that she had a severe gluten intolerance. Yvonne was told to 100% avoid gluten and it was likely she could finally become pregnant. After ten years of trying and expensive trips to fertility doctors, Yvonne became pregnant after only 2-3 months of being gluten-free! She called to tell me one afternoon the big news and I could not believe it! It was such an awesome and emotional phone call for both of us. They had a son Arza, named after a great great grandpa who was one of the handcart pioneers. Yvonne  herself is President Hinckley's great niece. I always thought that was neat. We had a great time, lots of people came to say goodbye and thank them for their friendship and service. Shane grilled dogs and hamburgers. We wish them a the best in Ohio!

Yvonne and Arza



Shane flipping burgers


Lori, Megan and Yvonne





Bishops corner





It was freezing cold so all 50+ ppl ended up inside!

Where kids hung out









 Craig Stookey, a long time friend from Auburn. He came for the free dinner, of course. Look how old we got haha.

Shane, Craig and his son, Gabriel




Only the kids could stand sitting outside in the cold






A big thanks to friends Megan and Heidi(pictured above) for showing up to help me shine my house and scrub my toilets before the party!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

thanks for sharing that neat story! looks like you guys had a great time with all your friends!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Lucky said...

WOW! All i can do is keep heading back to that decadent dessert table and I am right with aleah on those chocolate cupcakes! If they were homemade, grab the recipe for me. Meanwhile, it looked like a great party despite the cold weather and again that mammoth grill is the 8th wonder of the world! Great setup and great party.

Yvonne said...

Michelle this post makes me cry! I don't think you ever told me the entire story about how you prayed that night for me after you heard my testimony. I am so touched by your compassion and for being in tune to know how to help me. I have told you this over and over again but i will always be eternally grateful to you for what you did. And we had so much fun at that party and are so grateful to you and your family for doing that for us. I can't believe Heidi and Megan were scrubbing toilets! how nice of them! We just got wifi so I am so happy I finally had the chance to read this! Sure love you!