Tuesday, August 19, 2008

11 months old

Shane had meetings up in Salt Lake this week so we are here at the Hilton hotel in Salt Lake City. The boys stayed back in Monticello with the grandparents!! They are having a TOTAL BLAST there playing in the sand box, watching movies, running around, eating popcorn and going for rides on the motorcycle with Papa, playing with Adam again and getting special treatment from Nana. They miss Monticello, especially Kyle. He often says, "I want to go to Monticello so I can run and jump". It's been a little bit of a transition for them going from a home, to an apartment complex with people under them and a hotel. They couldn't do ANYTHING. Not even run down the long hall-which was torture for Kyle. This trip in Monticello will probably be the highlight of their year!!

I am thoroughly enjoying my stay here with Aleah. It's just me and her and let's just say, we are not missing the boys!! We get to do everything together without any distractions!! Plenty of time to laugh, play chase, walk the halls, cuddle, tickle and throw her on the bed (she loves this), play pattycake, clap each others hands, the list goes on. I forgot how much I enjoyed having just one baby around. I get to spend another whole week with just her AND grandma K!



Aleah...loves her big brothers. She thinks they are really big!

She...loves to be held and cries when I put her down. After being held for awhile she decides she's ready to go again and will try to JUMP out of my arms without warning. She's never made it out of my arms completely, thank heavens!! She definately keeps me on my toes!!

She...loves to climb stairs but hasn't quite figured out how to get back down the stairs. But wherever there are stairs, she is climbing

She... plays hard. When she takes a fall, even if she's not hurt, she tends to hold her breath in for a long time, to the point of passing out. She has done this twice and it scared me to death! (this is a BUTLER TRAIT)

She... loves brown rice cereal and sweet potatoes. She loves her baba more than anything

She...loves to use a straw to sip ice cold water. She'll sip, suck, wiggle her head and do it all over again, getting her shirt completely soaked.

She...is a road warrior (as are all of my kids). She loves it when Braden makes faces at her and we love to hear her giggle.

She...takes two naps a day and sleeps for long periods of time if it's quiet. She is good about going to bed when I lay her down after 10 minutes of coos and caas. She sleeps in late like her brothers.

She...loves to play with toys that make sound. She likes to pat and yell back at them.

She...loves it when daddy comes home. She'll start laughing and clapping her hands together. She spends most of her night trying to get his attention.

She...loves walking and walks as fast as she possibly can. Braden and I love to take her on walks and swing her, him on one side, me on the other.

When I go to tickle her she get's all excited, slams her back up against a pillow and starts wiggling her whole body while laughing.

She...loves sitting on my hip especially while I'm trying to do the dishes.

She...doesnt like getting kissed but will usually give them to get what she wants!! If she wants down when dad is holding her she will quickly give him a big kiss and swiftly make her break. He get's a kick out of her game and usually won't let her go until she gives him multiple kisses!

She... is one heavy baby!

14 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Michelle... you're so good at giving updates on your kids! I love it! It makes me feel like I know them :) I can't wait to see you guys today!

Lucky said...

THis is so fascinating!
I love all the tidbits and as far as the straws go, I have hundreds of brand new colored ones!

We will have to grab some items
at safeway on the way home for you
guys!
As far as kisses, she's in for it!
LOL...
Too adorable, and I am taking full advantage of my short time with her.
It's hours now, not days!

Nate and Brooke said...

I can't believe she is 11 months old... the time has sure flown by... Enjoy your time with your mom!!!

ranlar said...

Yes, we are having a grand time with the boys. They are such good little guys-easy to tend.Check out my Blog for pics. Thanks for letting them stay with us for a few days-we miss them too.Have a great time with your mom-tell her I said hi!

Teresa said...

I am so glad that I got to meet your cute Aleah yesterday. She is such a good baby and so much fun! Thanks for the great visit!

Kelly said...

wow, 11 months already! They grow way to fast! I wish babies stayed babies for longer!

Lisa said...

Michelle call me! I didn't get to read this because I am at work and very busy but I will. I want pictures and updates on your trip. I so wish I was there!! I tried calling you guys last night but I'll bet you were visiting everyone. Call me today will you? I need to talk to you about something! Thanks!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

They get more and more fun!!! It's great when they have their own personality. I love it! I hope Shane said hello for me when he came over the other week! Otherwise, Hello! :)

Anna said...

you do a good job on updating about your kids and your family happenings. that's so fun that you're spending time with your little girl without the boys! looks like they're having tons of fun down here!

Shannon said...

It is so fun to get one on one time! She is just a pretty little baby.

allgirls said...

wow its been 11 months already? they grow way too fast. i am so glad that you are finally able to use those clothes... did i really give you enough for a whole wardrobe?! knowing me and my clothes addiciton i probably did!! hehehehe. i loved reading all of the things that Aleah is doing, reminds me of my girls when they were babies, which seems soooo long ago!!!

Jess said...

She is beautiful. so fun that you get to focus just on her for awhile. So...you look so familiar, but I don't remember playing basketball against you, but I'm sure that's why you look so familiar. There were some pretty heated games...I miss that!! Your kids are adorable, beautiful family!!

Natalie said...

I love one on one time. Then you get to go back to reality. HAHA I cant believe that she is almost one, that means Maddie is almost one.