Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Birthday!

I can't believe we had another birthday already, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I kind of like being in my 30's! Lisa flew in to celebrate the big day. We had a great time shopping and looking at homes for sale. These are pretty much all the pictures I took of us. We spent most of our time doing what we love most: eating and talking. We can both reallyyyyy pack it in when we want to!! Also, we got a surprise knock on our door--a special delivery of neopolitan icecream and an impressively large decorative cake with a very special message written on it! It came from the most generous person I know, my mother. I should have taken a picture of it before diving in. Rats! Well, it was d-e-licious! Thank you so much mom! You are the best!



Aleah saying "wow!"


Lisa did my hair and makeup. She did a much better job than I could have done. Thanks Sis!

Celebrating our 31st birthday at Red Lobster. Daddy and Braden have a staring contest. After losing several times, Dad finally gave up!



I probably shouldn't have done this, but I had to snap a picture of Kyle folding his arms--trying so hard not to cry, after we got after him for 'horsing around' in the hotel lobby.





I'm not really sure what I'm wearing(and neither was Lisa), but I love the blouse!

our sleeping baby--love it!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Um can I say CUTER than snot pictures! My favorite is all three kids standing behind the manicins (how do you spell that word?) anyway, kyle looks adorable. I miss his personality already. He is so flippin' cute I can't believe it!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! I feel like a smuck because I completely forgot. In fact, Brad even forgot his Mom's b-day. We're just in big trouble. We have all been sick with a nasty virus. On the mend now. Love all these cute pictures. My favorite is the one of you sunggling Shane amidst all the kids. So cute! Your hair is so stylish. Lisa is so beautiful too. I'm really thankful for your friendship.
Love,
Shan

Sarah Stout said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun and had the chance to be together on your birthday! That's awesome! I can't believe your mom had a cake and ice cream delivered. That was really sweet of her! I hope you're doing well. We hung out with Jess and Bre last night. Bre was asking how you were doing. We all miss you and are thinking about you! See you next week! :)

Shane and Michelle said...

Sarah, cool, it's been a long time since I've seen Bre. How is she doing with her health/pregnancy? Tell her she was right along to go the natural route. I saw a CNP when we first moved to Albuquerque who tested ALL of my hormones not just my thyroid. My t4 is fine, and t3 in range but low-normal so I'm on a real low dose of straight t3(cytomel). But it turns out of all things, my progesterone levels were wayyy too low--that's why I had placental abruption w/kyle and miscarriage thereafter. I am completely back to normal and feel like I did before I had Kyle. Looking back, I am so glad this happened because I now have a lot of knowledge about food and health that I never would have cared to learn about.
I tried calling Bre a few months ago to tell her everything but couldn't get ahold of her. I'll see you guys next week!

Roxy said...

happy birthday!! looks like you had lots of fun. i don't know your family at all, but is lisa your twin sister? you two look a lot alike. hope you have a great year!

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a way fun birthday! I tried calling...sure you were out having fun! All the pictures are way cute? How do you get so many pictures all bunched up together?

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a way fun birthday! I tried calling...sure you were out having fun! All the pictures are way cute? How do you get so many pictures all bunched up together?

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday...looks like you had a good time with your sister. You two are so beautiful! Love the picture of Aleah sleeping...too cute!!

Teresa said...

It looks like you had a fun birthday. You look great! If you are still coming to Utah with Shane let's go do something fun!

Lucky said...

ALL the pics are fantastic!
I am not used to your hair yet LOL
I love that necklace you are wearing with that darling turquoise top and jeans! Bring it LOL.... The pics of the kids are of course, and as always,
PRICELESS!
As always, I find great solace
in seeing my little family
at least online...

Look forward to next week!

The Reese's said...

happy birthday! i still can't believe how much you and lisa look a like (love your hair!) that is cool that she'd come down to celebrate with you. looks like fun!

ranlar said...

Great pics and looks like your visit with Lisa was tons of fun.Can't wait to squeeze those little darlings. You and Lisa are such beautiful women. Love the new do! love you all. mom