Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not a vegetable in sight

Living out of a hotel room is nice in some ways but stinks in others! We have a kitchen in the room but I've been so busy the last week finishing up the design of our house(we decided to build a home out in the country) that all I eat is hotel breakfast-eggs, sausage, cottage cheese, waffles. Arby's for lunch, now addicted to their cream cheese Jalepeno bites and Chicken pecan wraps, and restaurant for dinner. Not to mention the snacking in between...you know the kind you do when your stressed and excited? I've gained a couple lbs since Lisa left adding to the weight gained before she came. I've gotten off track on a lot of things that I was keeping up with pretty well, including going to bed early, though I still get up early. If I am not careful, I'll just keep packing the weight on! I know I am the kind of person that needs to stay on a schedule to keep fit. My friend Teresa and I started this thing where we report to each other every night on our eating and sleeping schedule a few months back. I was doing so good right before the 4th of July camping trip, and then we moved to Cruces and blah blah blah...you get the picture.
So it's going to take some work to get back to where I was after we finally get into a rental house. I like bein thin and super fit. I feel comfortable this way.
It's so easy to gain weight but hard to lose it! For me I have to cook fresh food-going heavy on the veggies and grains-light on the meat, if any at all. Well, I can finally start doing these things when we get into a real house. I'm blogging about it so I'm accountable to someone...YOU!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Man i feel for you, but look at the bigger picture you get a house of your own :) Im glad you guys are doing so good.

Sarah Stout said...

I feel ya! I want to do the same thing... be better at eating and sleeping AND, of course, EXERCISING! That's where I've been falling behind for months. I became so busy with my classroom in Hawaii (spending sometimes 12 hours a day there), that I just didn't get time to formally exercise except for swimming and surfing (and occasionally hiking). I do best when I set a schedule for myself or make a small, meaningful exercise goal and build upon it. (e.g. run for 15 minutes a day to begin with adding 1 minute each day to build up to desired amount) Good luck!

Sarah Stout said...

I feel ya! I want to do the same thing... be better at eating and sleeping AND, of course, EXERCISING! That's where I've been falling behind for months. I became so busy with my classroom in Hawaii (spending sometimes 12 hours a day there), that I just didn't get time to formally exercise except for swimming and surfing (and occasionally hiking). I do best when I set a schedule for myself or make a small, meaningful exercise goal and build upon it. (e.g. run for 15 minutes a day to begin with adding 1 minute each day to build up to desired amount) Good luck!

Shane and Michelle said...

Natalie, thanks. I keep pinching myself!:)

Lucky said...

Honey, you are very strong willed and what you set your mind to do,
will be done!

Start little by little,
until you get into a rental
and can cook your own meals
and reclaim your routine back!

No harm done really
and lots to plan for!

Shannon said...

OH!! I'm so excited for you guys. Listen to you, building a home in the country! You know that felt good to say!! I'm so happy for your family. You deserve it. You both work hard. I think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself with your move and all. Alas, I know what you mean about wanting to be at a place where you feel good. I am exactly the same. Your recent pictures show how thin and cute you are anyway!!

Teresa said...

Were we really doing that? Just kidding! I think I did good for one week. Looks like we'll have to start up again.

Shane and Michelle said...

Teresa hahaha, we both could have done a little better the last few weeks. I tried to get ahold of Shawn a few minutes ago. give me a call so we can figure out what to do on Monday.

Shane and Michelle said...

Shannon, it definately wasn't something we planned to do, but after looking at many different homes, our realitor encouraged us to build and referred us to a good builder. Sometimes life takes some interesting turns...some negative and some positive. This is definately positive! :)

Lisa said...

So funny. Michelle I enjoyed eating out with you guys but I too would rather have healthy fresh home cooked meals, the days in Monticello. Those were so fun to watch you make! And then go out and pick vegetables out of your garden. I felt like I was back in the 70's! Just calm, peaceful, slow. lol Hey, I want to try Arby's Chicken pecan wrap. That actually sounds good.